Group 6-California Resident
You need to find out the impact of the construction of the railroad on the life in California.
Here are some questions to help you:
1. Why did the Californian felt cut off the rest of the country?
2. In 1861, how long would it take for a letter, a package, or a newspaper to arrive in California from the East Coast?
3. What kind of transportation was used?
4. Did the telegraph change the feelings of the Californians?
5. Why were many goods so expensive in California?
6. What was the impact of the Civil War on California?
7. After the construction of the railroad, what was the delay to receive news from the East Coast?
You need to find pictures illustrating your answers.